Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cooking Rooster, Making Soap, and Day Dreaming about Gardening.

  • Chicken Stock/broth

Homemade Soap. 
Well it happened. We could not find a home for Big Red. My husband was going over to help a friend butcher their roosters and he took Big Red along.
This happened last Friday and my Joy Joy did her best to be strong, but there were a lot of tears. All I could do is hold her and cry with her.
Sunday she went to a friend's house and I roasted the chicken, and yesterday I tried making bone stock. Frank had kept and skinned the feet for me, and I simmered it all day. It did not got get thick like I thought it would. So maybe it is just broth? It will make soup one way or the other!
I went over to a friends house Monday and we made soap. This was my 2nd time making it. This time I contributed Red Palm oil, olive oil, and Lilac oil. I wish I could make the picture scratch and sniff! The soap has: goat milk,olive oil, red palm oil, Shea Butter, Coconut oil, lilac and some other pretty smelling stuff she had. Oh, and lye of course. I have 13 bars and they are sitting on my shelves smelling good. They need to cure for about a month before we can use them.


I watched a really good movie called Back To Eden Film. (Click on name to watch it.)
 Here is what it says about it.
"BACK TO EDEN shares the story of one man’s lifelong journey, walking with God and learning how to get back to the simple, productive methods of sustainable provision that were given to man in the garden of Eden. The organic growing system that has resulted from Paul Gautschi’s incredible experiences has garnered the interest of visitors from around the world. However, never until now have Paul’s methods been documented and shared like this!"
It was long, but well worth watching. It talks about using tree clippings, (the stuff the tree services chop up) and putting that right on your garden. No tilling! I have already called one tree service and he took my number for the next time he is working in my area and will bring me a load of chips! I can't wait.

Today, I am suffering from a head cold. I am going now to cuddle up in a blanket and drink some hot herbal tea with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment