Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chickens, Gardens & Weaving

Well, I was hoping to have more updated pictures of our port-a-coop but the weather has not been on our side. So since we were stuck inside I had the kids paint some pretty garden markers. I love practical art!
We did have a wonderful Easter weekend and I hope you did too. The weather could not have been nicer on Sunday and the 2 older kids and dad went and hid the eggs, then we all sat back and watched the younger 3 hunt them.

I did some work on my new loom and am enjoying this. I have always wanted to learn to weave. I think it is one of those skills from times past that should be kept alive. There is a satisfaction of making something with your own hands that you don't get when you buy it. What am I making here? A practice piece that my 7 yr old has asked to have for her baby dolls. So I guess it will be a doll blanket!


Scallywag our cat "helping" me weave.
We got a little done in the garden. I am hoping that the seeds did not wash away! I am thankful that the winds did not blow away our almost done chicken tractor.

The chicks are getting bigger and starting to get their feathers and got moved to a big cage to await their new home to get done. I will try to get updated pictures of them up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment